Wednesday 5 November 2014

Engine management systems

Being a user of various Content Management System (CMS) for the past several years, I found that it is both tedious and frustrating if a CMS is not user-friendly in terms of Search Engine Optimization aspects. For example, some software will require an additional plug in before you can configure the meta tags or the URL structure. To me, this is very troublesome especially for people who have to create new sites often.

I have used various CMS such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and PHPBB before and what I found is that WordPress beats all the other CMS hands down - in terms of Search Engine Optimization aspects. In this article, I will share with you why WordPress is the only CMS you should use if you need an extra edge over your competitors for Search Engine visibility.

First, WordPress has a built-in option that allow you to configure the web page URL structure. The permalinks option in WordPress enables anyone to configure the URL structure so that the URL is Search Engine friendly. One very good example is to use the blog post name in the URL so that Search Engine can allocate high relevancy to the specific page. You can change this settings under the Permalinks, Settings option in the WordPress dashboard.

The second advantage for using WordPress is its amazing loading speed. If you are an existing user for any CMS, I believe you would agree with me that WordPress is the most compact CMS currently. All my websites powered by WordPress loads very fast especially if the images are further optimized as well on the pages. Take Joomla for example, it can take nearly three times longer to load than my WordPress sites. I would like to point out that the loading speed of the website is pretty important especially if you are using the site in your Google AdWords campaign. This is because Google considers web page loading speed as one of the advertisement Quality Score.

The third reason why WordPress is so well received by Search Engine Optimizers is because there are a few very popular SEO plug in that can easily enhance the effect of optimization overall. One of the popular plug in is the 'All in One SEO Pack'. This plug in alone will be able to help you to achieve optimal results in a matter of seconds. In my experience, there are no other CMS that has a plug in for engine management systems that is so easy to use and almost maintenance free.
I am managing more than 10 web sites currently and most of my sites are powered by WordPress. I believe choosing a right CMS for SEO purpose is very important especially if you want to have more time to do your marketing instead of the technical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Regards,
Sonera Jhaveri
http://www.sonerajhaveri.com